This banana bread is moist and delicious, made with white whole wheat flour, sweet roasted strawberries and ripe bananas.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3/4 teaspoon – baking soda
- 1 spray – baking spray
- 2 tablespoons – butter soften
- 2 large – eggs
- 1/2 cup – light brown sugar
- 3 whole – ripe bananas smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon – salt
- 1 1/4 cup – strawberries diced
- 2 tablespoons – unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup – whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a loaf pan with baking spray. Place the strawberries on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, remove and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined, do not over mix. Fold in strawberries and pour batter into the prepared loaf pans; bake in the center rack for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.